Ask the Dietitian with Karen Johnson
Date: Monday, March 20 from 6-7pm
Cost: Free for Members (Sign Up at the Front Desk)
Karen Johnson, a clinical dietitian, provides one-on-one diet counseling up request – in addition to instructing group fitness classes at Ackerman SFC! She currently provides long-term care for high/low risk, diabetic, and rental dialysis patients. Karen has previously worked in clinical research with a focus on pediatric obesity and clients with high cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, and gastric disorders. During this session, learn the answers to questions including:
- Is diet or exercise more important in trying to lose weight?
- What healthy options can I pack my kids for lunch?
- Isn’t cooking a healthy meal at home more expensive than take out?
- Should I eat before I work out in the morning?
- What is the best post-workout snack or meal?
- Plus, bring your own nutrition questions to be answered!